TalentFirst HR Council
An exclusive professional membership and networking group for top-level HR & DEI leaders.
The TalentFirst Human Resources Council is a community of practice for the region’s top-level human resources (HR) and diversity, equity, and inclusion leaders.
The HR Council exists to leverage the point of view and expertise of West Michigan’s HR and DEI strategy leaders to improve the quality of the region’s talent landscape by convening these top-level leaders and setting the stage to:
HR and DEI leaders are on the front lines of our efforts to ensure West Michigan is a leading region for talent. The HR Council provides opportunities to network, apply research, identify and share leading practices, and create partnerships to enhance talent attraction, retention, and development, and to nurture an inclusive workplace culture. Additionally, the HR Council evaluates labor market trends with insights for HR and DEI leaders and proposes solutions to address critical talent issues.
The HR Council is an exclusive professional membership and networking group that works alongside TalentFirst’s CEO Council and working groups to provide leadership, insight, and strategic thinking to improve the effectiveness of talent attraction, retention, and development efforts in their organizations and throughout the region. Participants include exemplary top-level HR and DEI strategic leaders from organizations in the 13-county region of West Michigan. View current list of members.
Benefits of Membership
- Participate in HR Council member-exclusive events twice per year with the option to engage in TalentFirst’s working groups and initiatives.
- Be part of member-exclusive roundtable discussions facilitated by peers and focused on current talent challenges with an emphasis on leading practices that offer solutions. Spend time with peers sharing implementation ideas and strategies.
- Receive specialized reports on talent trends, needs, and insights driven by the needs of this council.
- Join with other HR and DEI leaders to advocate for public policy that drives solutions to shared problems.
- Engage with members to drive partnerships with leaders in education and workforce development.
- Highlight your organization’s innovative talent practices on TalentFirst’s platforms.
- Participate in and gain insights into what other companies are doing on critical talent issues through pulse surveys.
- Access TalentFirst’s annual D&I Benchmark Survey — a tool for measuring the impact of a company’s efforts, offering comparisons by industry and company size.
- Utilize additional public benefits, including:
- Employer events at a reduced cost for members
- Talent Demand Forecasts
- Labor market reports
- PIVOT – An Employer Toolkit
Avenues of Membership
- CEO Member Company HR & DEI Leaders — A member company’s CEO serves on TalentFirst’s CEO Council and has paid an annual investment to be engaged in the organization’s efforts. Top-level HR and DEI leaders of these organizations may participate in the HR Council at no additional cost.
- HR & DEI Leaders whose Companies are not TalentFirst Members— Top-level HR & DEI leaders of companies in the region may participate in the HR Council for a lower membership compared to that of a full company membership through the CEO Council. Details of this differentiation are shared when you meet with a TalentFirst team member. View fee structure.
Contact Carly Smyly, firstname.lastname@example.org.